Sunday 27 November 2011

My chosen social media web 2.0

After looking at some propaganda posters I have decided on choosing twitter as my social media site that I am going to promote.
I have chosen twitter over the other because:

A. Twitter has grown massively in the last year and has members joining at an incredible rate, so when looking at posters I could see that there is a link between posters asking people to join the army and to work in the factories, so relating this to twitter I could potentially create a poster getting more people to join.

Ab. Furthering this I have also seen posters asking people to join a majority of people already helping and join the cause, I can then implement the same idea with twitter saying that so many have already joined and that you should join them too.

B. I have never used twitter before so it is something that I may find interesting once I research it in depth.

C. Twitter uses a bird as its logo so I could implement it into an RAF poster

Twitter Research:

Facts:

http://blog.twitter.com/2011/03/numbers.html


#tweets

  • 3 years, 2 months and 1 day. The time it took from the first Tweet to the billionth Tweet.
  • 1 week. The time it now takes for users to send a billion Tweets.
  • 50 million. The average number of Tweets people sent per day, one year ago.
  • 140 million. The average number of Tweets people sent per day, in the last month.
  • 177 million. Tweets sent on March 11, 2011.
  • 456. Tweets per second (TPS) when Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009 (a record at that time).
  • 6,939. Current TPS record, set 4 seconds after midnight in Japan on New Year’s Day.

I found another really helpful site with lots of statistics and facts on twitter with i will use when planning my posters: http://www.baselinemag.com/c/a/Intelligence/40-Fast-Facts-on-Twitter-890793/

No comments:

Post a Comment