Tuesday 20 December 2011

QR code

I am thinking of using a QR code within my posters and leaflets so that it links to a corresponding website that can give more information such as videos and interactive media.

Using this QR code generator it changes the URL into a image similar to this which is then decoded using and QR code reader app that is available on a lot of the popular makes of phone, Blackberry, iOS, Android etc.

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
I thought that the QR code generator would have to upload to a server so that theses apps could read the image and link to the website, however what actually happens is that the website URL is broken down and turned into a similar image like this, the pattens created are then read by a reader which takes the user to the destination.

After experimenting with the QR code I have found out that I can also create link which write out a text message, reveal a message or even dial a phone number.

I would use the QR code to link to a website/facebook page, i could even use it as a method to contact the restaurants or hotels so that they could book etc.












No comments:

Post a Comment