Thursday 19 January 2012

Evaluation

Brief
In response to the brief did I complete what what was proposed/asked for.

I designed print pieces graphically "for the promotion of the London Road Brighton project."
I used the same theme and style between my "range of print pieces"
I "use[d] typography and a graphic style in a way that creates a visually coherent campaign".
I created a "folding leaflet which promotes the project overall combining text and images".
I created "three magazine ads focus on a specific aspect of what’s on offer in the zone"
I "mock[ed] them up into a photo of a location or magazine to show their impact in situ" using "suitable aspect ratios".
I started this project "by undertaking visual research", i looked at "existing posters, magazine ads and leaflets for their design characteristics",
I looked into "the visual presentation of architectural and urban regeneration projects" 

Target audience
Target audience "designed to be attractive to the target market of 18 – 39 year old well off students and professionals"

Type: I tried to use (where possible) more interesting and up-market wording in both my leaflets and poster, for example I used words such as "executive flats, executive apartments, delicatessen, fashion houses, seminars, banquets, revitalised as well as foreign names for places like Lor'veso and SerĂ¡n, these types of words and names fit and attract the "well off students and professionals".

Imagery: For the imagery i used pictures of attractive buildings, and furnishings that would appeal to the target audience, for example the apartments images i have shown are white, clean with lots of space which would appeal to "well off students and professionals" as the bigger the better, the whiter the cleaner and newer.


Style/Layout: The layout that I have gone for is fairly busy one, but i have kept the images the text to there own sections so that it looks neat, I have used drop shadows on the images to make them zing out and give the sense of depth. The cover is similar to that of a word search, it draws you as you try and find the words embedded within the other words and is like a puzzle. I think that the front back cover are the cleanest of designs out of the entire leaflet, each object is fitted into specific parts and are all straight whereas the inside pages are a little more fun, the text is in its own sections however the rotated images and drop shadows interfere with the tidiness which makes it seem more "fun"

Enjoyed
The part that I enjoyed more about this project was the freedom to design something (to a degree) how you wanted, with the previous project there was a limited (although wide) style in which you had to adhere to, e.g. the propaganda posters we had a set era in which we had to design/mimic to, all you have to do is look at the final posters to see what the parameters were. This project we could create something new using parts of different designs that we liked from any era/artist, this meant that there was a wide range of designs created. Another thing that i enjoyed was the way in which i saw my research develop into ideas which turned to digital designs and then to printed pieces, i was nice to see the entire development from start to finish.

Time keeping/Another chance
If i had another chance i would have liked to got on with my work sooner, i seem to alleyways leave it late on to design and finish my project, i had some ideas that i wanted to implement further such as showing my adverts/posters as a digital video in which i used tracking in after effects to track my posters onto bus stops, busses, train stations etc. However as i had left it late i didn't have a chance to go onto show this in my pitch/final crit.

Printing
Before i got my printing done externally i thought that it would be a good idea to print my adverts and  leaflet so that i new that they would all be correct, i spent about six hours fixing issues that arose when printing, firstly some of the logos i had placed into indesign as .png gave me a semi transparent box around each of them, i had to then work around this by remaking the logos or embedding them another way. I also noticed that some  of the text was harder to read on some of the colours so I had decrease the transparency on some of the boxes from 14% to 30%. As I was using three different printers and mediums some of the colours on each combination would sometimes be incredibly different.

Personal opinion
I think that my trailer is pretty good, the audio works all the clips fit in a logical order, i wouldn't change it.

Final product evaluation
I think that my designs were visually coherent, they matched each other and you could tell that they were from the same campaign, the colours, fonts and imagery worked well together and also would be attractive and appealing to the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment