Saturday 29 September 2012

Animation Research

For my animation I want to try some 3D objects within After effects, I have found that you can export models from google SketchUp and import them into photoshop and then into after effects (cs5.5) ae cs6 does not support photoshop 3D images anymore.

I really like this animation, the movement is really simple but so effective and really works with the imagery. The transitions used also look as if it is an animated story board that comes to life through the animation. Being able to draw would be a very key element in a animation like this, but i really like how they have animated it, like the small added touch of a bounce when the fire place and plant flies it. (26 seconds in)


Going back to using 3d models I quite like the use 3d planes. Once I have decided on my story completely I will be able to go more into looking how to create something like this:


The person who created this used Cinema 4D and after effects, I have used C4D before but would like to use it again, the movement would be quite simple to replicate and with the cameras in C4D i could easily add some panning shots etc.

A video i saw IMedia was one on video copilots site where the camera would start out above a street and zoom out to reveal the entire earth. This is something that i could see working for something like a map.


For my animation i want to use more photos/3d rather than trying to draw something, I want to go for more of a realistic look and feel which will tie into the skeuomorphism look I am wanting to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment