Thursday 13 October 2011

Overview - Evaluation

http://jamie-skinner.com/panoramas/Windmill.html     http://jamie-skinner.com/panoramas/Viaduct.html

I liked my final images that I produced and I think that the locations I choose were good for the time frame that I had, looking back now I would have liked to have done more of a 360˚ panoramas that cross the horizon (up and over) as thought that the one that I did like this was the best one.

My other two panoramas I enjoyed doing but I preferred the second viaduct one that I did, the only problem I had with this one is that opposite the viaduct there was not really much going on so perhaps it wasn't the best place to shoot however, I did want to shoot so that I covered as much as the viaduct as a whole.

If I did do this again I would of definitely do repeat the same process that I did with my first up and over one, i would chose locations that were similar to the arches one so that they have interesting points all the way around.

Stitching some of the images was the hardest part out of the whole process from shooting to adding the images to the code, some of the images fitted together well but others were a little hard as there were bushes and tress with in the join.


For the one above for the floor I had to duplicate it as was extremely hard to get a shot of it as I could not get enough height to the picture, so for the floor I had to take one shot and then duplicate it.
Also the sky in the original image was very bleached out so i had to replace it.


For this image as you can see the sun is very prominent in the image so blending in the sky was quite difficult, also for this shoot I placed the tripod onto of my car so the images were not matched up as well if they had been shot on the ground. I also was debating weather to include the train in this panorama as I had photographed everything twice, for example the people, bike and train were in the two rotations that i made.


This image again has bright sunshine it but luckily it mostly against the hill rather than the bushes and tress so it was easier to blend in, the only part that I can really see that I need to change is where the bush on the left hand side doesn't really blend in well with the sky.


This panorama the sun was so bright and it casted rays on a few of my images, I had to cover it up with my hand so that there were no rays on the image, I then used a patch of sky to cover the hand up.

Some of these images do need a little looking at as looking at it as a whole you can see lighting differences.




No comments:

Post a Comment