Sunday 27 November 2011

USSR Bird poster Assessment




This is what I have come up with from my research and design ideas.
Soviet Russian style poster 1940's

Images:

Bird: The bird that I have used looks like a pigeon I would like to try the same effect with the twitter bird logo as it would be more associated with twitter. By using the sharp lines together it creates an gradient, this technique was used widely for 20th century posters as a way to create gradients.

Yellow lines: The dark yellow lines here are used to support the text, they create a quirky look to the poster and looks far better than when I had the text situated flat below the bird.

Sickle and Hammer: The sickle and hammer is used to show the posters as old and propaganda style from the 20th century, I think that the hammer and sickle could be a little bolder and thicker so that it looks more impacting.

Old style and others: Again on this poster I have added a brian to the edges so that it looks older, as before this makes the colours a little darker and more associated with the style that I am going for. I like how plain the poster is and how the one image creates an impacting effect.

Faults: I have found a few faults with this poster after I had printed it out at A3 size.
1st. Some of the text is not aligned correctly.

Crit: To perhaps change the hammer into more of a "t" shape to resemble twitter - I like this idea and will change the shape of it to see what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment