Wednesday 29 February 2012

CRIT

For the crit I showed both my video: One with text and one without text.

There was a unanimous decision that the video without the text was far better that the one without as it distracted you from the video content, personally I also agree with this; I had a lot of trouble trying to fit my text into the video as it was more than an after thought and I could not find a style or even a place in my video that I wanted to put text over; it just did not accompany the underlying video well.

One suggestion is that I have the "Ask not that your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" as large typeface over the video with the flames, I will try this out but again I don't really want to cover that part up because that is one of my favourite parts in the video.

Seeing other people's videos as well gave me some ideas on footage, I really liked a clip in Lucy's video it was of the sun reflecting on a car which also had a great texture of the sky and dashboard combined (i think) which was then followed by the water dripping on an aluminium type surface that really fitted with the previous clip. Also I liked Bradley's idea of zooming in and out of focus and not revealing what he was doing until the very end, it keeps you interested in the video. I also liked Hayleys abstract clips that she featured behind her text, it has given me some ideas of other items I could shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment