Sunday 5 February 2012

Video technology & editing style & Shooting

Video technology


I will be shooting on a Canon D60
The D60 shoots at 1080p at 30 frames a second as well as 720p at 60 fps at 16:9 ratio.
I will be using the higher frame rate for objects in my scene that move faster and then the higher definition for objects in my scene that do not move as much.

I will be editing on FCPX then using after effects and motion where I need e.g advanced video effects and text.

Once I have shot my film I will be using compressor to change my file format to proress 422 so that it is easier/quicker to edit and render, the only problem I have for this is that prores makes much bigger file sizes and I will most likely not fit on my 120gb ssd.

To be able to use video from an external drive I will use 2x external drives in raid 1 using Firewire 800, this should give sufficient speeds so that my video frame rate does not drop. If it comes to it I could also use proxy media so that it uses less bandwidth.

Editing style


The style of editing I am going for is quick cuts that are timed perfectly with the audio, I have also decided that I will be using the bad Tv effect I tried earlier with the video clips to make it look older and more exciting. I will also be using some of the other filters I experimented with earlier such as the bleach, crisp contrast as well as others. I will also be using slow-motion video and video that has been sped up that will go with the objects I have a chosen and analysed together with the speech.

Shooting


When shooting I need to look at:

Lighting - my scene needs to be well lit so that the camera picks it up well and the image is sharp, in focus and has balanced colour.
Angles - I will be shooting as many angles as possible so that I have a wide variety of shots to use, this will also save time as if i needed to re-shoot for a specific angle i would have to set up again and the conditions may not be the same.
Speed- ISO speed for shooting moving objects will be key to keep them sharp and un-blurred I can also adjust the FPS of the video as well

No comments:

Post a Comment