Monday 1 October 2012

Story ideas

The one story that I have had from the near beginning is my Great Grandad in the second World War as a hurricane pilot. I have tried to be open minded about other stories so that I did not concentrate my research on a specific area.

A quick summary of stories I could potentially use:

1: GGD flipped his training aircraft during training.
2: GGD crash landed during the battle of Britain (Could not fly after this)
3: My Dad used to play at Kenley airfield when he was younger (GGD was based at Kenley)

I dont feel like I have any other stories that I would want to do instead of these stories. I enjoy reading up about the war too so I think this would be an ideal story to go with.

1: During his training to become a Hurricane pilot my Great Grandad (Peter Skinner) managed to flip the bi-plane he was training on when he came in for landing. As he was quite far through the training he was able to continue on and pass the training.

2: On the 18th of August during the battle of Britain my Great Grandad crash landed when he was shot at by german aircraft attacking Kenley aerodrome, He crash landed in Kent but his injuries meant he could not fly again.

3: My Dad (Chris Skinner) used to go to Kenley aerodrome when he was younger, He used to dig up the shrapnel left by the aircraft after testing their guns against sand barriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment