Thursday 13 October 2011

Ideas - How I will shoot the location




When I shoot i will need to make sure that I have the camera completely level, if i don't my images will have slightly different angles from one image to another, another thing is that some images will have less/more of the top/bottom which means that i would have to crop the image quite a lot so i do not having parts missing in the panorama.

Not having the camera level will end up as this effect:


Each red square resembles one image, if the camera in not perfectly flat it will create this effect with the images,you would then have to crop like this:


The blue lines here are where I would have to cut the images, if you did this the end result would be a very thin panorama.

If your camera is not positioned and levelled correctly it will do this motion, taking a picture at each interval will get you an images like the diagram shown above.



Once your camera is levels your photos will be easier to stick together

How many images should I take?


I have found out that the more Images I take the easier it will be to sticher them together as there is less of a discrepancy between angles, light, distance etc. If you think of a video camera performing the same task it takes each frame very close together so that then it plays multiple frames together it looks and plays smoothly, we are dealing with the same concept here.

No comments:

Post a Comment