Wednesday 23 January 2013

Douwe Egberts Advert Research

Reclame Douwe Egberts - Winter Efteling (TV commercial)

This advert exposes Douwe Egberts as drink at home drink, that warms you during the winter months, The advert gives off a very traditional feel which directly relates to the traditional aspect of the coffee . I dont think that they help themselves here as they say their coffee is usually thought of as a "special coffee that is brought out at christmas". This advert has a very Christmasy feel.








Douwe Egberts The Flavour Collective - I knew it
This short advert is broadcast in between the programe "friends", The advert features 2 spoons arguing, there is nothing in the advert or implied by the advert that would want me to drink their coffee after seeing this. Looking at the sort of people that the channel friends attract (16-30) I do not see how it would make them interested in the coffee, I have never watched friends but i would think that the advert would tie in with what the show contains.





Douwe Egberts Cinema Advert
This cinema advert I find very pointless, who is going to remember something like this after watching a film, i find it difficult to recollect trailers that were shown before a film, furthermore I very much doubt that the coffee is even sold at a cinema, an advert needs to make the audience want to go buy it and remember the advert. This particular advert looks similar to what a brand did with its makeup range, and at first this is what it could be mistaken for.








My target audience is 25+ however they also state that 18-30 happily spend money at a coffee shop rather than at home. So I need an advert targeted at 18-30 to people who would pay for quality.







No comments:

Post a Comment